The Flip-mingos are coming!!
- Victoria Adult Literacy Council Presents our first annual Flip-mingo fundraiser!
- Flock your friends and family members!
- Coming this fall be on the lookout for our darling pink friends!
- The FLIP-mingos will be roosting in yards around town for 48 hours!
- Want to choose the lucky yard the FLIP-mingos end up at? Fill out the form below and with a generous donation, the next location is your choice!
- Want FLOCK INSURANCE? CLICK HERE FOR FORM then fill out and for $15 you are insured that your family/friends cannot send the FLIP-mingo flock to your yard!
- All donations will benefit the Victoria Adult Literacy Council and its Family Literacy In Practice (FLIP) Program.
requests the pleasure of your company
Fourth Annual Adopt a Non Reader Phantom Gala
A Virtual “Event to Remember”
100% Tax Deductible! No Overhead
All donations benefit the Victoria Adult Literacy Council and our Family Literacy In Practice, “F.L.I.P.” Program!
$25.00 – Provides an adult learner with materials for one semester
$30.00 – Provides snacks for one week at the Family Literacy Program
$50.00 – Provides children’s activity material for one month
$65.00 - Provides a volunteer tutor with student materials & technology for one semester
$100.00 – Provides online GED & Computer Skill classes for adult students for one month
Nothing between you and a contribution that will make a Huge Difference to someone with limited literacy skills!
The Event Never Takes Place, but the Transformation of a Learner’s Life Does.
Knowledge Bowl 2016
(See last years program and winners.)
CLICK HERE FOR MORE GATSBY PICTURES
Dear Literacy Supporter,
September has been considered International Literacy Month by worldwide organizations for a number of years. The Victoria Adult Literacy Council (VALC) would like to add your company as a supporter of the annual literacy publication tab in the Victoria Advocate. The VALC would like to offer you the opportunity to advertise your business at a reduced rate in the Victoria Advocate insert, to a circulation of almost 40,000 individuals in approximately 13 counties. Your ad will let the community know that you are supporting our efforts to eliminate intergenerational illiteracy in our area.
This tab will be in the Victoria Advocate on a Monday or Tuesday in September—there will be very little competition of other inserts on those days, allowing your ad to be seen by many. This special insert will contain success stories, human-interest items, literacy information and letters of support for VALC. As you can see in the information provided, this insert will give you the opportunity to display your company ad in one of four sizes—business card—5” X 2-1/2” ($75); ¼ page—5” X 5” ($225); ½ page—5” X 10-1/4” (450.00) and full page—10-1/4” X 10-1/4” ($900). Those who have advertised previously in The Victoria Advocate will appreciate the fact that these ads are less than the normal cost of comparable advertisement space. The VALC collects 100% of all ad proceeds. Once again, we very much appreciate your support. If you have any questions, please phone me at (361) 582-4273.